Short Term Accommodation & Respite
The Disability Trust provides quality short breaks for people with disabilities to take an enjoyable break from their usual home environment. We have a diverse range of quality short term accommodation options available to people around NSW and the ACT. All our short term accommodation is focussed on providing a fun break in a safe and supervised environment supported by friendly and well trained staff.
The Disability Trust operates the following fully-staffed, welcoming and accessible respite homes providing wonderful opportunities for people with disabilities to have enjoyable out-of-home break:
- Parkside at Dapto is a fully accessible, purpose-built four-bedroom house that is available for people with disabilities and their carers, and to organisations.
- Teen House is located in Narrabundah in the ACT and is specially designed to cater for younger people with disabilities and is available for teenagers 12 to 18 years of age. It’s fully accessible and is very conveniently located near shops and a park providing excellent access to a range of activities.
- Hughes House is located in the suburb of Hughes in the ACT and caters for adults 18 to 64 years. Also fully accessible, Hughes has been purpose built for people with disabilities and has a number of very comfortable living areas.
- Jarrah is a lovely home in the Illawarra and is perfect for small groups.
- Willow in Wollongong is a newly renovated respite facility. The facility is nestled away off the main street, surrounded by trees and quiet spaces to explore outside.
- Run O Waters Goulburn provides a peaceful respite stay on a large rural property.
- Wyralla Road, Miranda this state of the art fully accessible home in Miranda in Southern Sydney.