Given the very low community transmission rates of COVID-19 in most regions The Disability Trust is pleased to announce an easing of the mandatory requirement to wear face masks effective immediately.
Face masks will only need to be worn now:
- When social distancing is not possible
- For all personal care, mealtime support, driving and other activities that require less than 1.5m distance
- Where anyone is displaying signs of being sick (keeping in mind all staff should not attend work if feeling unwell)
- If there has been a community transmission within 4 weeks within the region you work as identified in the daily COVID-19 case locations
All other COVID-19 precautions remain in place. This includes:
- Practicing social distancing
- Avoiding shaking hands
- Frequent hand washing/ sanitising hands and where necessary wearing of PPE
- Temperature testing
- Avoiding going into work if unwell and getting tested as a precaution
Please continue to be vigilant so that we ensure the health and safety of our participants, workforce and the community.
On behalf of The Disability Trust thank you, we have all helped to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask your Supervisor.