This afternoon the NSW Government announced that Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong will enter a COVID-19 lockdown from 6:00pm this evening for two weeks, ending at 11:59pm on Friday, July 9. This means that people in Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong, including residents at our group homes, will be allowed to leave their homes for only four reasons.
Those reasons are:
• Shopping for food or other essential goods and services;
• Medical care or compassionate needs (including to get a COVID-19 vaccine)
• Exercise outdoors in groups of 10 or fewer;
• Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
For our participants and families in Sydney and the Illawarra, including Shellharbour, this announcement from NSW Health means that the following services will be impacted by service closures and reduced capacity up to and including Friday July 9..
• Day Programs at our Club Trust sites
• Sport and Recreation services
• Vacation Care
We regret any inconvenience this will cause but we are required to follow the advice of NSW Health. We will continue to monitor and adjust our programs in order to keep our community safe and will contact you if the advice changes. In all other areas of NSW, programs and activities will be risk assessed and will only go ahead if they meet the Health guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding in these uncertain and challenging times. Please don’t hesitate to contact our staff if you have any further questions or concerns.