John’s Crazy Socks is a father-son venture inspired by co-founder John Lee Cronin, a young man with Down syndrome. John’s affinity for crazy socks paired with his love of making people smile made our mission clear: we want to spread happiness. Everything we do is designed to spread happiness. The more we can do for others, the more we can make people happy, the better off we are. We have built our business on four pillars; Inspiration and Hope, Giving Back, Socks You Can Love & Making It Personal.
We want to show the world what is possible. We want to show the world what people with differing abilities can do when given a chance. We know that people with differing abilities are ready, willing and able to work. We make this happen in ways large and small:
• John, a young man with Down syndrome, is our leader and the face of our business.
• We hire people with differing abilities and build our workforce around them.
• We show what people can do through videos, presentations, articles and special events.
• We host school tours – both at our site and through Skype.
• We host work groups from schools and social service agencies.
• Mark and John speak at conferences, graduations, business meetings and other events to highlight what we do here and what people with differing abilities can do.
• We advocate for changes in Law and policy to support the rights of people with differing abilities to work and to retaining their earnings.
Giving Back is an essential part of what we do. We do not think a business can simply sell stuff, it is essential to give back. From the beginning, we have pledged 5 percent of our earnings to the Special Olympics. We have added a growing list of Charity and Awareness Socks that raise money for our charity partners. We also hold special events to generate funds for our charity partners. We can only raise funds for our charity partners because of the support of our customers. Therefore, we publish a Giving Back Report each month at our website and share it on social media to account for the money raised as part of our Giving Back Program.
We love what we do. We hope you love our socks and that your experience with John’s Crazy Socks brings you happiness.
To see more of John and his fantastic enterprise click on the link:
Support The Disability Trust and make a tax deductable donation.Donate