2020 has served up a host of challenges and this was no different for our first online and free Your Voice Your Choice Conference. It was a lot of work to organise and much work behind the scenes but it was worth it with close to 500 registrations from all across Australia and delegates from every State and Territory.
The video recording of all the sessions and presentations is now available on our website and we hope that everyone who joined the online conference on Friday the 16th October went away feeling more connected, supported, inspired and re-energized.
We would like to our MC’s Carol Heijo and Edward Birt from the podcast Labelling the Disabling, our sponsors Devika and Scope Home Access and especially thank all of our fabulous presenters.
• The wonderful Moana and Vinny Hope
• Martin Hoffman, CEO for the NDIA
• Liz Callaghan, CEO Carers Australia
• Fiona McKenzie and Chloe Heck from the Council for Intellectual Disability and the Black Dog Institute
• Greg Gebhart from the eSafety Commissioner
• The cultural group from Moruya and
• Heather Forsyth and William Ward-Boas from Valid
Our afternoon together finished on a high point with a lesson in Key Word Signing to the song “This is Me” with Trusted Clinical Services.
It was fantastic to see so many people support the conference and enjoying the mix of presentations, live question and answer sessions, videos and signing session.
Support The Disability Trust and make a tax deductible donation.Donate