Vacancy in the beachside suburb of Blacksmiths
Blacksmiths is a coastal suburb in Lake Macquarie, home to one of the region's most popular
beaches. This great little beachside town is located only minutes from Swansea
and a short drive away from Charlestown. This ultra flat suburb is an oasis built for a
- Within walking distance from Blacksmiths Beach, known for its pristine 9 mile long stretch.
- Recently restored boardwalks along Boatrowers Nature Reserve with a 360 degree view of the landscape.
- Within minutes from Pelican Bay, local shops in Blackmiths town centre and a short drive away from Belmont Central Shopping Centre.
- Valentine Hydrotherapy Pool a short 15-minute drive away.
This accessible, SDA home is purpose built with wide doorways, safety rails, built in ceiling
hoists and low benches. Located within walking distance from the beach, you can always hear
the waves crashing in this open-plan property. Supported 24/7 by staff from The Disability
Trust with active night shifts, this property is always double staffed.
This SDA property currently has four female residents, aged 50 to 68. The group love walking
along the pristine golden sands at Blacksmiths Beach. When they aren’t enjoying the sea
breeze, the ladies are watching a movie, enjoying a BBQ, or attending a social event.
- Single story, flat level interior, with vinyl and tiled flooring throughout the property.
- 5 bedrooms, each with a built in wardrobe.
- Large open kitchen, living and dining areas.
- Purpose built home with wheelchair friendly with wide pathways and door frames.
- Supportive railing in main bathrooms.
- Built in ceiling hoists.
- Low benches throughout the property.
- Outdoor, undercover patio area.
- 24/7 on-site care with property always double staffed.
There is active staff support during the day as required and sleepover support staff overnight.