Kangaroo Run, or ‘The Red House’ is purpose built for people with disability. It is located in Tura Beach, only 7 km’s from Merimbula NSW. Merimbula offers many cafés, restaurants, local clubs, cinema and all just minutes away from the beach
• The property consists of four ‘pods’, all with own accessible bathroom, built in wardrobes, bench with sink and space for bar fridge
• Additional accessible bathroom facility with bath
• Communal kitchen and living area
• Spacious outdoor area with covered entertaining area
• Swing, basketball ring and gym
• Ramp from the road down to the house
• Single story, flat level interior, with vinyl flooring in communal areas
• Wheelchair accessible bathrooms and showers throughout with rails
• Tura Beach shops with Woolworths, Butcher, Newsagent and Food outlets – 5 min drive
• Tura Beach Accessible playground – 5 min walk
• The town of Merimbula – 10 min drive
Kangaroo Run currently has three women living in it with a variety of support needs from 1:1 through to 1:3. They enjoy their time at work and day programs through the day and come together in the afternoons. Craft, karaoke, using the onsite gym, swings and fire pit and cooking together are just some of the things the residents enjoy at home. All enjoy visiting the local club for dinner and music from time to time.
Subscribe to The Disability Trust newsletter. Sign up and receive this month's copy instantly.